The command line interface version of Hindsight is designed for non-real-time use (testing and reporting). The usage is exactly the same as the hindsight executable but the behavior is different.
usage: hindsight_cli <cfg> <log_level>
1. Behavioral Changes Compared to Hindsight
- It will initiate a shutdown when all inputs plugins have finished
- It will not exit until all the data has been process by every plugin
- The ticker_interval is driven by the timestamp in the data (greatest time seen) as opposed to the actual clock time i.e. if an hour of data is processed in 45 seconds a 60 second ticker_interval would trigger the timer_event function 60 times.
- A second ctrl-c will abort the execution
- The return value will be non-zero if the execution failed. If the failure
was due to plugin termination the return values will be or'ed together
e.g., 6 indicates an input and analysis termination.
- 1 system error
- 2 input plugin termination
- 4 analysis plugin termination
- 8 output plugin termination